Hey reader. I’m thinking of combining my love of drinking and statistics into a quasi-scientific study to determine the perfect hangover cure. A lack of funding means I need volunteers, and since we both know your more Hasselhoff than Kirk Cameron when it comes to the spirits it will be to your benefit to contribute to this scientific endeavor.
If you choose to participate here is what you’ll have to do:
- The next time your having a few drinks, enough to instigate a hangover, record a few things in whatever manner you feel appropriate. At a minimum, once during the night, preferably towards the end of your consumption, estimate whether you anticipate no hangover, a slight hangover or a severe hangover. Ideally you could also record how long and how much you’ve been drinking. Feel free to do this as often as you like, but I’ll work with whatever you give me.
- Enjoy yourself, your not getting any younger.
- Record how hungover you feel in the morning, and an estimate of how long you slept.
- I will send you a list of hangover cures, randomly selected from my master list, the day after you eat/drink/do what is prescribed and record how you feel afterward.
- Go about living your life.
This would be done multiple times, and after a while I might give you a new set of hangover cures. You could also enlist your friends/relatives/lovers to take part, but you should refer them to WFS to receive their own cure.